Sinclair Plant Hire is committed to providing a quality service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and non-employees, minimising our potential impact on the environment. We will operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and we will strive to use pollution prevention and environmental best practices in all we do.
• Adopt acceptable standards to reduce so far as is reasonably practicable, the impact of pollution and environmental disruption by its operation,
• Comply with all environmental legal requirements,
• So far as is reasonably practicable, prevent the illegal deposit, disposal or treatment of controlled waste, where the waste has or will be under the control of the Company,
• Where practicable, seek to influence the design and specification of construction projects so as to ensure the environmental impact is minimised to the lowest reasonably practicable level,
• Establish Company procedures to ensure that waste is managed in line with legislation, and that all parties involved in waste production, transportation, transfer and disposal comply with their duty of care regarding waste management.
• Integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all of our decision making and activities,
• Promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner,
• Train, educate and inform our employees about environmental issues that may affect their work,
• Reduce waste through re-use and recycling and by purchasing recycled, recyclable or re-furbished products and materials where these alternatives are available, economical and suitable,
• Promote efficient use of materials and resources throughout our facility including water, electricity, raw materials and other resources, particularly those that are non-renewable,
• Avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, seek substitutions when feasible, and take all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment when such materials must be used, stored and disposed of,
• Purchase and use environmentally responsible products accordingly,
• Where required by legislation or where significant health, safety or environmental hazards exist, develop and maintain appropriate emergency and spill response programmes,
• Communicate our environmental commitment to clients, customers and the public and encourage them to support it,
• Strive to continually improve our environmental performance and minimise the social impact and damage of activities by periodically reviewing our environmental policy and performance in light of our current and planned future activities.
Protecting the environment not only makes good commercial sense, but is also an investment in our future, both short and long term. Sinclair Plant Hire is firmly committed to adopting this policy as a means of achieving this aim.
SINCLAIR PLANT HIRE