The Health & Safety at work Etc. Act 1974 imposes statutory duties on employers and employees and to enable these statutory duties to be carried out. It is the policy of the company, so far as is reasonably practicable, to ensure that responsibilities for health and safety are properly assigned, accepted and fulfilled at all levels in the company, and that all practicable steps are taken to safeguard the health, safety and welfare of all employees and visitors to the premises or operations under our control.
It is the intention of the Company, so far as is reasonably practicable, to ensure that:
• The provision and maintenance of plant and systems of work are safe and without risks to health.
• Arrangements for use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances for use at work are safe and without risks to health.
• Adequate information is available with respect to articles and substances used at work detailing the conditions and precautions necessary to ensure that when properly used they will be safe and without risk to health.
• The provision of such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to secure the health and safety at work of all employees.
• With regard to any premises under our control or operations on which we are working, the maintenance of all plant, machinery and equipment so that they are safe to not only employees and sub-contractors but to any person who may be affected.
• The working environment of all employees is safe and without risks to health and that adequate provisions are made with regard to the facilities and arrangements for their welfare at work.
• The company will always seek to continually improve in this area and adopt industry best practice where possible.
• The Health & Safety Policy is appraised and updated as and when necessary. Communication of any such changes will be made to all employees.
It shall be the duty of every employee at work:
• To take reasonable steps for the health and safety of himself/herself and of other persons who may be affected by his/her acts or omissions at work.
• As regards any duty or requirement imposed on his/her employer to any other person by or under any of the relevant statutory duties co-operate with the Company so far as is necessary to enable that duty or requirement to be performed or complied with.
• Detailed information concerning Health and Safety that is applicable to all employees may be found in the Health & Safety Policies and procedures Manual which is held by Managers at Company premises.
SINCLAIR PLANT HIRE